Green Money : Jatropha Plantation on barren land :

Register
Dear Sir/Mam,

I am Sheetal Narkar, a management student currently pursuing MBA Biotech. I am a biotechnologist, completed my bachelors and masters in Biotechnology. I am very much interested in the Jatropha Plantation Movement for the prodcution of Biodiesel. I am currently working on a Jatropha cultivation business plan. This business has lot of profit in it, and needs very little investment. What it needs is the participation of yound managers, who can spread awareness among the farmers about Jatropha and its uses. Jatropha cultivation is being started in India , but has not received its momentum as it is in the hands of the government sector. No private sector companies have laid its roots. So people y not give it a try ?????????

We could atleast start with the discussion... lets see where our discussion leads us to............ :)

Hi Sheetal:

Even me, with the same mind-set was moving around and found your article.
I am also interested in this activity. Do revert if you would like to share information.

Regards,
Saleem
Please contact..........

Last edited by a moderator:

johan

Water retention method part of complete project?

My ref: IENG 373111, MIET 505330 registration with IET in GB, jatropha shrub.

Dear Sir,

At present can you tell me please if you use a shredder for making mulch from the twigs and prunings from the branches of the (jatropha) shrub?
What is the make and design of the shredder that you know (if any)?

I noted that the mulch is used for water retention when spread around the base of the shrub and subsequently it turns into compost to enrich the soil of the plant roots.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thank you, kind regards,

Johan Schiphorst

Well its nice to hear that you too interested in the same project....... well we can surely have a discussion......

You can mail me........ we can have a healthy discussion ..... where r you from....... ?????? Well i am from mumbai..... where you wana start jatropha cultivation ??????

Do revert............ You can have my chat id too......
Please contact......

Kindest Regards,

Sheetal

jagdishrakesh

Hi Sheetal,
I would like to appreciate your view towards this. I have enough land available in Pune (Not a Barren land). I would like to know about Jatropha cultivation. I don’t have any clue about this.
Need some more information about the same.
Please contact........
Do revert...Your chat id too.

k1jatrophaoils

Green money....

Dear Sir/Mam,

I am Sheetal Narkar, a management student currently pursuing MBA Biotech. I am a biotechnologist, completed my bachelors and masters in Biotechnology. I am very much interested in the Jatropha Plantation Movement for the prodcution of Biodiesel. I am currently working on a Jatropha cultivation business plan. This business has lot of profit in it, and needs very little investment. What it needs is the participation of yound managers, who can spread awareness among the farmers about Jatropha and its uses. Jatropha cultivation is being started in India , but has not received its momentum as it is in the hands of the government sector. No private sector companies have laid its roots. So people y not give it a try ?????????

We could atleast start with the discussion... lets see where our discussion leads us to............ :)
Hello dear MBA!!!!!

Nice to read your keeness on growing Jatropha.
You failed to do your homework properly it seems.
Many people including me have tried to propogate and educate farmers at various level for the cultivation of Jatropha which is mostly harmed or discouraged by State Govts.

The reason is the declaration of unilateral price of Rs6/kg for the seeds in the name of Contract farming.

I need not mention the names of such MNCs and local companies who almost squandled money just selling planting material.

Even today there are companies who prohibit as if they have planted in millions of acres of land but not in realsitic means.

The cost of the seeds shall not be less than Rs10/kg.This is the core issue for commercail investor.
Then only you can show some sign of consistency to match the cost of Biodiesel while no seeds are available less than Rs20/kg today.(These seeds are sold as planting material)I wish you analyse the facts before drawing any conclusions on Jatropha movement.
To be very honest we lost around 25lakhs of riupees so far and shamelessly I charge no Govt have ever attended sincerely towards this Biodiesel Industry.Thank God Iam still alive after almost losing my wealth in this project.

The bloody Karnataka Govt is so harsh that it did not see people who advocate Jatropha in the state.
The vengence is on......
The Task force here is led by moral Policemen to completely wash out Jatropha plantation please note.
The Stae Govt. is in favour of Poongamia rather.
There are many incidents in other states too.

There is no point in discussing a subject which is yet to get recognised commercially I mean Biodiesel itself.

We can sell Jatropha oil >Rs45/kg and there is no use of wasting anymore time on Biodiesel.
You better verify certain facts before leading a new Movement........

Bhadrinath.
A rebel with a cause.

Last edited:

johan

jatropha possibilities & technical applications

Well its nice to hear that you too interested in the same project....... well we can surely have a discussion......

You can mail me........ we can have a healthy discussion ..... where r you from....... ?????? Well i am from mumbai..... where you wana start jatropha cultivation ??????

Do revert............ You can have my chat id too......
Please contact......

Kindest Regards,

Sheetal
Please have a look in the threads started by johan in Threads in Forum : Jatropha & Bio Diesel
Futhermore please checkout Twitter on same threads / topics / leads.

Regards,

AJ Schiphorst, IENG.MIET.
Den Haag
Holland

kashish

hi,even i am interested to work in a JATROPHA CULTIVATION business plan.can you pls tell me how can i start.plz reply or mail me
Dear Sir/Mam,

kashish

helo bhadrinath sir,

i have seen your posts in many forums regardng jatropha and biodiesel.can i get your chat id plz?
Hello dear MBA!!!!!

Many people including me have tried to propogate and educate farmers at various level for the cultivation of Jatropha which is mostly harmed or discouraged by State Govts.

The reason is the declaration of unilateral price of Rs6/kg for the seeds in the name of Contract farming.

I need not mention the names of such MNCs and local companies who almost squandled money just selling planting material.

Even today there are companies who prohibit as if they have planted in millions of acres of land but not in realsitic means.

The cost of the seeds shall not be less than Rs10/kg.This is the core issue for commercail investor.
Then only you can show some sign of consistency to match the cost of Biodiesel while no seeds are available less than Rs20/kg today.(These seeds are sold as planting material)I wish you analyse the facts before drawing any conclusions on Jatropha movement.
To be very honest we lost around 25lakhs of riupees so far and shamelessly I charge no Govt have ever attended sincerely towards this Biodiesel Industry.Thank God Iam still alive after almost losing my wealth in this project.

The bloody Karnataka Govt is so harsh that it did not see people who advocate Jatropha in the state.
The vengence is on......
The Task force here is led by moral Policemen to completely wash out Jatropha plantation please note.

There is no point in discussing a subject which is yet to get recognised commercially I mean Biodiesel itself.

We can sell Jatropha oil >Rs45/kg and there is no use of wasting anymore time on Biodiesel.

Bhadrinath.
A rebel with a cause.

k1jatrophaoils

Jatropha business in India.

Dear sir!

I received an offer recently from a guy supposed to be in U.S.A for the supply of jatropha oil.

We offered him Rs10000USD in Barrels Ex.anywhere from India.

The response was shocking!!!!

That guy says, He shall procure Jatropha oil at half my price say 500USD. from malaysia.

When I asked him to deliver at 850USD there was a different answer.
He was telling me that only he can import for US and not in India.

I know one thing!
There are people who still dream that Jatropha oil will be available free of cost.
That is why, we have been forced to react to those who suddenly appear here as if they have a new MINT to spare enormous money for Jatropha growers in India.

Bhadrinath.

kashish

i did not understand your last 3 lines..could you pl elaborate in a simple language..

Dear sir!

I received an offer recently from a guy supposed to be in U.S.A for the supply of jatropha oil.

We offered him Rs10000USD in Barrels Ex.anywhere from India.

The response was shocking!!!!

That guy says, He shall procure Jatropha oil at half my price say 500USD. from malaysia.

When I asked him to deliver at 850USD there was a different answer.
He was telling me that only he can import for US and not in India.

I know one thing!
There are people who still dream that Jatropha oil will be available free of cost.
That is why, we have been forced to react to those who suddenly appear here as if they have a new MINT to spare enormous money for Jatropha growers in India.

Bhadrinath.

k1jatrophaoils

Jatropha business....

Nice to note that you are watching this site regularly.

I refer the word " Mint" the place where currency being printed.
The Jatropha promoters (not all) sometimes project this business a less expenditure with huge profit but while looking into real terms most of those guys estimate the cost of seeds very less say Rs6/kg and do not disclose the actual harvest/acre.

Everyone expect Jatropha oil to cost as low as Rs20/kg. which is nothing but a dream.
This is my explanation on those three lines.

Bhadrinath.

kashish

thanx for elaborating...i understood...frankly speaking i specifically folow your articles,coz i have seen your posts in many other sites..and have discoevered you hve some sensible knowledge about it...thanx again

Nice to note that you are watching this site regularly.

I refer the word " Mint" the place where currency being printed.
The Jatropha promoters (not all) sometimes project this business a less expenditure with huge profit but while looking into real terms most of those guys estimate the cost of seeds very less say Rs6/kg and do not disclose the actual harvest/acre.

Everyone expect Jatropha oil to cost as low as Rs20/kg. which is nothing but a dream.
This is my explanation on those three lines.

Bhadrinath.

dairyman

Green money

Hai Badrinath

I can understand your feelings and anguish. But I cannot share the same feelings with you. Dwarf variety of rice took about 20 years to reach a stage where it is acceptable to all... including farmers. Jatropha is still at avery nascent stage of development it will certainly bloom. It will take time. If not K1 and you, using your ground work very soon - May be with in 4-5 years a break through will come. Battles and wars...are won after so many people give up thier life for that cause. Art is in keep fighting and be alive when the war is over and victory is yours.

As for Jatropha it cannot follow an independent path in pricing and has to follow the pricing of fossil fuel which unfortunately is under APM in this couhntry and prices are artificially controlled and so that is a problem for Jatropha. At present diesel prices, Jatrophaoil cannot be sold at Rs 45. Some where around 26-30 per lit is more realistic from market point of view. If ongoing research throws up a variety whose yields are high enough to make Jatropha cultivation viable to a farmer at that price band that would be a breakthrough.

As for the enthusiasm of MBAs they should have it. With out that what is the fun in life. They will learn and in the process slowly unlearn and relearn a lot of facts aboutJatropha. Their josh should give people like us also some more fresh energy. Thats the rules of game in R&D.

All I want to say is if someone has a barren land and if some one want to do remote farming and generally OK with a net income of 3000-4000 Rs of income per Acre Jatropha even at present prices and productivity is fine. If you want more income please wait and watch for better break thoroughs in R&D sector. Thats what I feel and believe.

Like others--I also enjoy your postings on Jatropha.

Let more and more young lot get enthussed about this crop for the betterment of generations to come.

Dairyman

k1jatrophaoils

Jatropha business.

Its good to see more and more thoughts coming up in this site which I recollect five years back was full of negative debates.

I fully agree with you that Jatropha oil is to match the global fuel market but that is possible only when a Govt offers the actual losses to the grower in the form of trade subsidy on oil produced.

I have one more point here!
The country should recognise the need for a alternate fuel legistatively and untill then you are loosing ground as a martyr for the lapses of governence.
Look at the Infrastructure and IT industry!!!!
How they are solicited benefits and why not the same yardstick to Jatropha cultivation.
I said already on the moral policemen who tarnished the image of a product (Jatropha)as you rightly said which is a infant in nature being heavily ditched by the so called Task forces to replace Jatropha with something else.This is what I have seen in many states.

I also have the confidence and wish Iam alive to see a jatropha diesel unit functions in India soon.

I can not hide my humilliations though I have to satisfy myself to see you guys coming forward to start working on Jatropha.
Goodluck.
Bhadrinath.

Last edited:

Hello dear MBA!!!!!

The vengence is on......

Bhadrinath.
A rebel with a cause.

Dear Bhadrinath Sir & K1 Sir,

I respect your advice. I am very nascent as compared to you in this Jatropha business world. It just the concept and idea I learnt out of my curiosity. Then later on I did a lot of research work on Jatropha & its cultivation. Sir my point is not to obtain biodiesel at this stage. The Jatropha world is itself in its nascent phase. But as you said , that we can sell Jatropha oil at > Rs. 45/kg. , by doing this atleast we will get a start in it. I understand the worth Sir, as you said , loosing 25 lakhs is not a joke. But as Mr. dairymilk said in one of his post , that jatropha can give you a income of Rs. 3000 - 4000. My point is Sir, that on barren lands, where nothing can grow, why not try this ?????? And I know sir commercialization of Jatropha wont be that easy & soon. Forget about the foreign market , it will take a hell lot of time in India. But Sir, why not think the other way ? In districts like Vidarbha, where every day farmers are have suicide, & where ther is 100s of acres of barren land, if we can spread awareness about Jatropha, it may help them earn income for themselves. I understand that the role of government is very important in all this. But to start this movement we can take help of various Organizations. there are various organizations & NGOs today who are willing to put their hands in Jatropha World. I am sorry Sir, if I have unintentionally hurt or oppose any of your statements. This is just my point of view. I know all this is very difficult practically. But I will try my best to make it possible.

Last edited:

k1jatrophaoils

Thank you for your suggestions.
I wish you goodluck. Perhaps! we did not see the involvement of aggressive members few years back to support Jatropha.
May be! Our passionate presence in this forum is good enough to learn good thoughts it seems.
Never mind! we continue to watch what others say on jatropha.
Bhadrinath.

Last edited:

sonataagro

Dear Sir/Mam,

Hello Sir,
I m VAibhav Gaidhane from Nagpur. My family has doing a agriculture Business several years.I m interested plantation of JATROPHA. Plz give me Details of JATROPHA Plantation.
& also demand, buyers, production, Process, etc.. I m waiting ur reply
Regards,
Vaibhav Gaidhane