Goat Farm Solutions

Register

sriramaking

Yes,the goats were sirohi as vetrinaty docs told me,when they visited to know the reason of mortality in goats.They found that it was pneumonia.goats were unable to breath properly.They stop feeding completey and having high temperature.Tahnks for your wonderful reply.
Dear sriramaking,
The goat breed which your neighbor breeding is sirohi,as per your description.
You have not mention the other causes that the goats were showing before they died.Like-do they have high temperature,if they were suffering from cold,having runny nose,shivering moments if any,stop feeding at all,staying alone in a corner,fatten stomach etc.
Generally the rapid death of a goat occurs mainly due to pneumonia,there are several types of pneumonia in goats whose classification depends on the symptoms in goats.
A goat suffering from any type of pneumonia must have to be treated within 12 hrs after showing the symptoms or it may get die if not treated,or even if its being improperly treated.
Goats suffering from pneumonia,must have to vaccinate immediately with inj.intacef Tazo 500mg,2cc avil or cpm,2cc bcomplex,2cc dexa methasone(if its not pregnant),injecting dexamethasone to a pregnant goat can cause an abortion.All the vaccines must have to be vaccinated under veterinary supervision.
Vaccinate the goats for P.P.R.,E.T,H.S and black quarter to avoid any further death like this.
There are lots of diseases in goats which you must have to be vaccinated them,before their epidemic,which are properly explained in my project report.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh

jeevansh

Found this great thread while surfing on internet,with lots of useful information regarding goat farming.Thanks to the thread creater mr.shaikh for creating this thread for new goat farmers like me.
I want to know that,what care should be taken of goats in rainy season,as i m from westbengal where there is a heavy rainfall for 3-4 months.

Last edited:

smy82482

Dear jeevansh,
During rainy season don’t release the goats outside the shed.If goats gets wet in rainy season,it takes lots of time to get them dry,as they have lots of hairs on their skin,which holds lots of water in them.so plenty of time is required to get them soaked.Goats wont like to get wet in rainy season.Remaining wet for longer time,causes several viral and bacterial diseases in goats.Goat catches cold immediately due to sudden drop in temperature as they remains wet for longer time.Drinking of rain water collected in water pans or unknowingly mix with fresh water leads diarrhea, nausea and vomiting in goats.So wash the water pans regularly and avoid them placing in open areas.
A special care of goat kids must have to be taken during rainy season,as the highest mortality rate is observed in kids during rainy season.Most of the kids dies due to diarrhea,so treat the kids as soon as the diarrheal symptoms are observed in them.For vaccinations in goats,during rainy season you have to follow our Goat Farm project report.
Sore mouth is an bacterial infection,which is spreading rapidly in Indian goats during rainy season,presently it is observed in all parts of India.Check this link for Sore Mouth.
Regards,
DR.Shaikh

[video=youtube_share;dTnd7l7Im98]http://youtu.be/dTnd7l7Im98[/video]

smy82482

Dear sriramaking,
This means that goats were insured,coz veterinary doctors generally conducts the postmortem to know the actual cause only when goats were insured.Its a smart thing to insure the goats,to prevent such heavy losses.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh
www.goatfarming.net
www.goatfarm.co.in
Yes,the goats were sirohi as vetrinaty docs told me,when they visited to know the reason of mortality in goats.They found that it was pneumonia.goats were unable to breath properly.They stop feeding completey and having high temperature.Tahnks for your wonderful reply.

smy82482

Yes you can import the boer does from any genuine African livestock company.Boer is the native breed of Africa,so imported boer goats from Africa will be 100% pureline.Will have to buy in bulk to reduce the transportation cost of each goat.
can we import boer does?

smy82482

A local male goat from Pakistan weights 275kg,goat an prize of rs 1lakh.It is the highest weighted goat of Pakistan.The breeder of this goat feeds him milk,dry fruits,desi ghee to maintain the weight of the goat. [video=youtube;t9XOlx-6kf0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9XOlx-6kf0[/video].

smy82482

The land required for goat farming depends on number of goats that you wan to breed.For breeding 100 female and 5 male goats 5 acres of fertile land is required to cultivate the fodder and feed these goats throughout the year.

chan1208

Hi,

I am from Mumbai and wants to start goat farm at Wardha, last month I have purchased 4 acres of land and I want to start the Hi tech farm with 100 goats.

I would like to have shed design and its cost and the engineers address who makes the goat shed.

Can u help me in providing the info as mention by you such as
*Government schemes for goat farms which includes compound wall, shed cost and livestocks cost

*Government subsidy

*Loan obtained for goat farm,required documents.

*which bank provides u the loan

*Fodder

*Best variety of goats- as I am planning to buy Osmanabadi goats, would like to have the source from where I can purchase these goat

I will be highly oblige if you provide the above info.

Thxs & Regards

Chandramohan Raut

smy82482

Dear Chandramohan Raut ,
For shed design have to visit the some of the high tech goat farms,its given in our project report.Any engineer or fabricator will construct the shed as per design.
Read my previous posts all the below questions have been already answered.
Regards,
Dr.Shaikh

gbrnaidu

Assalam Dr. Shaikh
thank you for good information..
i am working in Saudi Arabia
i would like start goat farm in Andhra Pradesh, provided information by you will help me a lot.
may be after two months i will be in India
i would like to know more about goat farming need your help
thanks agian

rse11121982

Many thanks for your efforts to spread awareness on Goat Farming - we appreciate your efforts. We were on the lookout to start a goat farm along with a Country Chicken farm, we are troubled with a few questions which are listed below

(1) how profitable is Goat farming
(2) What amount of profit (after all expenses) can we derieve from a goat
(3) How long will it take for a goat to be marketed
(4) How to market the same
(5) what is the price of a kid (baby goat) and what is the price at which it can be sold

Sorry to trouble you with many questions - we are just amateurs in this field and are trying to collect maximum information before we start the farm

Once again thaks a lot for your help on this

Thanks & Regards
K Ranadhir

kamith

hello sir i am from bangalore i dont have own land but i search for rented r lease land for goat farming plz tell me how much investment required plz tell me sir bcas i am unemployee but i have 3 lac rupee cash in hand plz guide me

smy82482

To know more about goat farming visit my websites link-Goat Farming
Also you can visit my farm when you are in India to have a deep discussion on goat farming.
Assalam Dr. Shaikh
thank you for good information..
i am working in Saudi Arabia
i would like start goat farm in Andhra Pradesh, provided information by you will help me a lot.
may be after two months i will be in India
i would like to know more about goat farming need your help
thanks agian

smy82482

Daer K Ranadhir,
1.Presently goat farming is the most profitable business nowdays,as the demand for goat meat is increasing day by day,due to increase in human populatiion.But the production of goats for meat remains the same,it has not been increased as the human population has increased.The increase in production is hardly 4%-5% per year,which is insufficient.Thats the main reason,for hike in goat meat prices for every 2-3 months or atleast twice in a year.
2.The economics can be discussed on forum,as the posts gets sticks here for many years.A person reading the same post after 2-3 years assumes that the profit discussed here will be same,but there are hikes in profits too year by year,(most of the readers wont reads the date of the posted reply).So to know the current profit rates have to follow our project report.
3.Marketing of goats depends on its breed,some goat breeds attains desirable weight gain in lesser time so they gets marketed quickly as compare to other breeds.The period is from 5-9 months.Being lesser in osmanabadi and higher in barbari goat breed.
4.For marketing of goats check this link-Marketing of Indian goats.
5.Again the price of kid depends on type of goat breed,there are 22 goat breeds in India and the prices varies from breed to breed and location wise(more in metro and low in village).
Regards,
DR.Shaikh
International Goat Farm Expert.
Email:
smymbbs5372@rediffmail.com
contact@goatfarm.co.in
Many thanks for your efforts to spread awareness on Goat Farming - we appreciate your efforts. We were on the lookout to start a goat farm along with a Country Chicken farm, we are troubled with a few questions which are listed below

(1) how profitable is Goat farming
(2) What amount of profit (after all expenses) can we derieve from a goat
(3) How long will it take for a goat to be marketed
(4) How to market the same
(5) what is the price of a kid (baby goat) and what is the price at which it can be sold

Sorry to trouble you with many questions - we are just amateurs in this field and are trying to collect maximum information before we start the farm

Once again thaks a lot for your help on this

Thanks & Regards
K Ranadhir