Tamarind Production and Returns

Register

laddagiri

Friends,

I have 8 acres of land in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. I am thinking about growing Tamarind trees in this land. Can someone please let me know the cost involved in growing the tamarind trees and the average returns per year. In our area one kg of pulp sells for around 50 rs.

Thanks,
Reddy

Ashwini

Hello Sir,
Here is the yield of tamarind. A young tree may yield 20-30kg of fruit per tree in a year and a full-grown adult tree can yield about
150-200kg of fruit per tree in a year. An average tamarind tree may yield 100kg of fruit per tree in a
year. Pod yield can decline after 50 years. So with this you can calculate the returns. The cost of production varies from region to region, How many labour you engage, what is the spacing you follow. DO you plan to have inter crops etc.
The time for a tamarind tree to reach its first harvest will vary, depending on the method of propagation.
A tree propagated by bud-grafting will come into bearing in 3 to 4 years, whereas trees propagated by
seed may take up to 12 years.

REgards
Ashwini S

mdalikhan

Tamrind plants

Can I get the nursery address for these grafted bud tamrind plants in a.p.

Regards

Mohammed ali khan

Hello Sir,
Here is the yield of tamarind. A young tree may yield 20-30kg of fruit per tree in a year and a full-grown adult tree can yield about
150-200kg of fruit per tree in a year. An average tamarind tree may yield 100kg of fruit per tree in a
year. Pod yield can decline after 50 years. So with this you can calculate the returns. The cost of production varies from region to region, How many labour you engage, what is the spacing you follow. DO you plan to have inter crops etc.
The time for a tamarind tree to reach its first harvest will vary, depending on the method of propagation.
A tree propagated by bud-grafting will come into bearing in 3 to 4 years, whereas trees propagated by
seed may take up to 12 years.

REgards
Ashwini S

venkat101

Hi Reddy, I am also planning for Tamarind tress in 8 acres land near Giddalur. if possible please share your contact details.

Thanks,
Venkat