Regarding the date tree planatation

Register

padmanabann83

Dear sir/madam

i am from tamilnadu,krishnagiri(dt), Uthangarai, but i am B.E., Graduate ,and working in Qatar, but we have about 8 acer land with 2 wells, and we have not much sufficient water to cultivate more vegetables, so as per my thought i would like to cultivate Date plants , weather is it possible to cultivate in our soil in uthangari region, if so yes, what type of date plant can be cultivated, and wether we can provide drip to avoid the water wastage , pls let me know some result that i could do further steps, i am going to come to india for vacation on next month if i got chance for that to cultivate i can make arrangements for it, if have any contact no. pls. provide me i could able to call from here , pls do the need

with regards
N.Padmanaban
Engineer, Qatar,
Deputed for sevice in Libya(north africa)

ponsanthan

Date cultivation

You can grow amla(Perunelli) which is drought resistant and giving good revenue, you can make drip irrigation.you can plant 400 plant per acre you can get around 50 kg fresh fruit per plant. if you calculate 50% yield. you will get 10ton fruit from third year onwards. If your consider Rs 20 / kg fresh fruit for 10 tons you will get 2 lakh per year from one acre. Similarly your area is famous for mango you can plant mango with drip irrigation your friut quality will be very nice.
You can also grow date, it will take more than 5 years to get yield, one person trained from gulf is maintaining Date nursery near Thippampatty - Dharmapuri bus rout. you can saw his date plants and saplings. we do not have much experience in our climate, we should estimate the yield and response of the plant then expand to vast area.

gvaranam

Palm cultivation in Tanil Nadu.

In several parts of Kerala and Tamil Nadu the cultivation of Dates Palm is presently available. You can get the world's best quality dates from this region. Presently the best quality is known as the French products. We can produce better than that one. Only thing you have to select the verity. But I suggest you to go for Dooriyan, Rambuttan and Mangostein fruits as they are giving better income with low water consumption. So just think about the plantation before starting the Palm plantation.

hungry_peasant

Palm cultivation

Dear Padmanaban

I am also in Gulf and have done some feasibility excercise on Dates in our area (Tamil Nadu) and if you want really some good output, water + regular & quality maintenance are required. The climate & season in Gulf suits Dates but in TN you have to make it work with human intervention. So if you have proper people & money you can do wonders. There are couple of people doing it successfully in TN and if you are really interested I can find their contacts in order for you to get more inputs.

Do let me know your interest by PM

Best regards
Kalyan

padmanabann83

thanks for your kind information

dear mr.Kalyan

reall i am so happy and thanks to get a reply , i am really eager to get some more details and if have any contact pls. let me know as i am going for vacation in 1 month i can contact them and do the best , and once again the thanks for your kind information

with regards
N.padmanaban

shanmuga06

Now a days date palm cultivation is take up in India and the date palm cultivation is better than coconut ,mango cultivation.In Uthangarai area Rambutan ,durian & Mangostein are not suitable.The elevation of minimum 750 metres MSL will requires for growing and sufficient humidity will necessary for flowering.In date cultivation "Tissue Culture Date palm"is best option for date palm cultivation.The variety "Barhee" is very suitable for Indian climate.The fruits of the "Barhee" can directly eat without doing any per process like adding sweet.The Tissue Culture date palm (Barhee) will gives on completion minimum two and half years and maximum three years.

For more details plz.contact us:

A Sivakumar,
Priya Nursery Garden,
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in