shankar_

Hi

I want to start dairy farm either in Guntur or Vizyawada or near to Hyderabad

So please let me know how to start how much i may need capital with

minimum of 50 cows or buffalos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dairy Farm Cost

Hello Mr.Shankar,
Cost of dairy farm set up will be at the rate of 1 - 1.2 Lakhs per animal. This includes cost of the animal, equipment, housing, machinery, etc ..,. That makes it to around 50 - 60 Lakhs for a farm with 50 head count.

Kindly make a note that it doesn't include the cost of land.

All the Best,
Praksh.

sanagala

Reg - Dairy farm Cost

Hello Shankar....

First you have to analyze the market for cow milk and buffalo milk at your near places.....

If you have own land then you will get loan from the Bank with collateral security ...

You have to visit dairy farms for their suggestions and feed back....

we can give you the guidance but you have to know practically how it works? what are the profit and losses etc

and also you have to research about buffaloes and cows through visiting of many dairy farms....

Per each cattle price would be....60 to 70 k with good yield .....
cost of construction of shed is depend on you... how you will construct ? permanent or temporary etc.....

Regards
Sanagala S

kathir03

Hello ,

This is Subbha reddy i am a dairy farmer from Andra Pradesh

Any one who wants buy cows and Buffaloes please go to Karur(district), Tamil nadu. where a farm called Murugan dairy suppying Very good cows and Buffaloes i also bought Twelve cows and Buffaloes from the farm these are really very good.

Thanks.
Subbha Reddy.

rsvreddy01

Thank you dear Subbha reddy,

I bought 8 Buffaloes and 4 cows from Murugan dairy farm, Karur(District), Tamil nadu as per your information, Really these buffaloes are good so i plan to buy more from Murugan dairy farm. The transport charge is 1000 Rs only per cow (or) buffalo from Tamil nadu to Nellore

Thank you very much dear Subbha