Mango Plantation

Register

dchal

Dear Sirs
My aim is to plant maximum number of mango trees in a given area. I understand that Mallika and Amarapalli varieties are suitable for high density plantation (please correct me if I am wrong?)

Appreciate your expert advise on the following.
1. Banganapalli, Neelum and Totapuri varieties are grown in my area. They are planted at a distance of 30 feet x 30 feet. What is the minimum recommended distance for Banganapalli and Neelum varieties?
2. Can I grow Mallika and Amarpalli Mango varieties in Nellore District (Andhrapradesh) where the climate is very hot during summer. It is a red soil.
3. What is the recommended or minimum distance between the plants for Mallika and Amarpalli varieties?
4. Where can I get the Mallika and Amarpalli plants?

Thanks in advance

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear dchal,

Please send me a mail so that I can send you details regarding the UHDP method of cultivation.

Recently, there was a news in The Hindu that many mango farmers in Chittoor district thrown away the mangoes on to the roads because they were not getting even the minimum amount per kg for their mangoes (Please note that the varieties I am mentioning are used for producing Mango Juice)

Recommend you have a understanding about the various varieties so that you can plan your production of mangoes so that you can plan to sell it in the market in a phased manner so that at no point there is over production. This will ensure a good earning for you.

Regards
Padmanabhan Ganesan