info about farm pond

Register

harshaddate

Hello,
i have 10 acres of farm in hilly area in malshiras taluka, maharashtra. We have shortage of rain in our area.This time also, it couldn't reach even the average level. So i am planning to build a farm pond. I am expecting irrigation for at least 5 acres throughout the year.But i am lacking about the farm land info. Can anybody tell...the policy of government for the same, sheets needed for that, area that is going to be covered, expenses required, etc etc. Will be very thankful for suggestions...................regards...harshad

kirti s

Hello sir,
National HOrtiuclutre Mission and water shed development department give subsidy also and they specifications
there are two kinds
1.small farm pond- of project worth 4 lacks minimum area to be 5ac for individual farmer
2.community pond-10 lacks- cooperative minimum 10 farmers or 25 ha
for further details please visit Horticulture department or agriculture department guidelines are provided below

Under the Mission, assistance will be provided for creating water sources through construction of community
tanks, farm ponds/reservoirs with plastic RCC lining to ensure life saving irrigation to horticulture crops.
This will be in conjunction with Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme
(MNREGS) and wherever possible adequate convergence has to be ensured. These water bodies may
be linked with Micro Irrigation facility for judicious use of water. Cost is estimated at Rs.15 lakh per unit
for an area of 10 ha of command with pond/tank size of 100 m x 100m x 3 m; owned and managed by
community / farmers group. For smaller size of the ponds/tanks, cost will be admissible on pro rata basis,
depending upon command area. Assistance under NHM will be limited to cost of plastic / RCC lining.
However, for non MNREGS beneficiaries, 100% assistance will be provided including the cost of plastic /
RCC lining. Maintenance of the water source will be responsibility of the community.