goat feeding & information

Register

mfaf

1)i want expend more money for get leaves like jackfuritleaves,giliricidia for goats.i have plenty of napier grass,guina grass supply .is it possible to make 80% of goat's daily total feed with co3 grass totally ,or with guinea grass,corn-green fodder, and small amount of bean or cow-pea leaves?is any health problams for goat,or any toxic matters

2)Is it possible to product bio-gas form goat manure

3) i want know that can i feed goat with bean,cow-pea,soybean leaves

Last edited:

drwaran

Dear mfaf,

1> You are on right track on goat feeding. Goats are very hardy animals and can eat anything and everything, locally available.

2> The quantities would be too small. Suggest you try to convert it to vermicompost.

3> Cow-pea is ok. Soyabean leaves are generally not eaten by ruminants.

For further details, you may like to have a look at my thread "Goat / Sheep farming - a profitable business" in the consultancy column of this website.

wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Dr S Rajeshwaran BVSc PGDRM

prashantkotwal

Dear mfaf,
As Dr. Waran has suggested, goats are a class of very hardy ruminants and they digest virtually all types of grass and leaves. But the points to be considered are what is the energy requirement of these animals for their maintenance and your purpose of rearing these animals.
Typically when milk is the purpose of animal rearing, we look at the ratio of feed and milk yield while when the activity is carried on for meat, we look at the weight gain vis-a-vis feed intake. Thus, the CFE is the most vital element.
If you throw some light on your purpose of the activity, there could be some specific information available at my end.
My e-mail id is .
Regards,
Prashant.

Last edited by a moderator:

mfaf

dear sir,
i need a feeding formula for goat feeding with minimize using leaves and using maximum grasses .
including
guinea grass
co-3 grass
cassava leaves
maize fodder
millet grass
cow -pea leaves
jack fruit leaves
giliricidia