Farming in Coimbatore

Register
Dear Sir/madam,

We have lands in the outskirts of Coimbatore in Tamil nadu. I would appreciate if any member could help us with suggestions on what vegetables & fruits could be grown well in these areas. The temperature on the average would me a max. of 38 deg to min. of 28 deg. varing during summer & winter. We also have fertile estates on the western ghats on Tamil nadu - Kerala boarder and we need to know what best could be cultivated there. Temp would vary from max.32 deg to min. 20 deg varing from summer to winter.
Thanking you all in advance.
Regards,
Joseph Sundar:rolleyes:

kirti s

Dear Sir

among the fruit crops u can cultivate Banana, Mango, Citrus, Grapes, Guava, Sapota, Papaya, Ber, Pomegranate, Fig, Custard apple, Pineapple, Mangosteen, Amla, Phalsa and Avocado.

vegetable crops such as Tapiaco, Onion, Tomato, Brinjal, Potato, Lablab, Drumstick can be cultivatedplantation crops such as Tea, Coffee, Rubber.

flower crops such as Jasmine, Crossandra, Tuberose, Chrysanthemum

in medicinal crops lemon grass grws very well in tamilnadu.

Organic Vegetable cultivations regardings

Dear Joseph Sundar

I ope that your farm may be near siruvani or hill sataions. Anyhow you are staying at cbe why can't you consult Doctors at TNAU. If you want some address I can help you that One Doctor V.Prakasam. Pliz go personally and meet him for his advice. My advice better you can go for organic vegetables or any other fruits cultivation bcoz infuture everybody go for only organic foods only. Please refer our agricultureinformation senior member Miss. Annadana's organic details.
please contact....
with kind regards.

ramasamy g krishnaraj

Last edited by a moderator:

Dear Sir

among the fruit crops u can cultivate Banana, Mango, Citrus, Grapes, Guava, Sapota, Papaya, Ber, Pomegranate, Fig, Custard apple, Pineapple, Mangosteen, Amla, Phalsa and Avocado.

vegetable crops such as Tapiaco, Onion, Tomato, Brinjal, Potato, Lablab, Drumstick can be cultivatedplantation crops such as Tea, Coffee, Rubber.

flower crops such as Jasmine, Crossandra, Tuberose, Chrysanthemum

in medicinal crops lemon grass grws very well in tamilnadu.
Dear Kiriti ,

Thank you for your prompt reply. My office is near TNAU. Can I take the help of any senior person there for further guidance. If you have any information please do reply.
Thank u once again.

Regards,
Joseph Sundar

manojsinghchandel

hi

Dear Joseph

If you are doing cultivation for commercial purpose than check the markets available for your produce (crops has already been suggested) first and than go for production also check the competition also i.e. already available f&v in the region and choose crop accordingly also the duration of the crop. Keep in mind all these factors.

Regds

Manoj Singh

Dear Joseph

If you are doing cultivation for commercial purpose than check the markets available for your produce (crops has already been suggested) first and than go for production also check the competition also i.e. already available f&v in the region and choose crop accordingly also the duration of the crop. Keep in mind all these factors.

Regds

Manoj Singh
Dear Manoj,

Thank u very much for your reply and advice. I am in the process of collecting data on the market need and demand. Thank u.

Regds,

Joseph

shanmuga06

farming @ coimbatore

Dear Joseph,

You asked about farming in your land.i think Mr Kiriti's suggestions is very suitable for your farming in your land.Its very sufficient.

thank you

a sivakumar

kirti s

Dear Sir

u can contact the TNAU. there u can visit the Horticulture head by requesting them they will definitely show u the right track.

vkv_2

Dear Sir/madam,

We have lands in the outskirts of Coimbatore in Tamil nadu. I would appreciate if any member could help us with suggestions on what vegetables & fruits could be grown well in these areas. The temperature on the average would me a max. of 38 deg to min. of 28 deg. varing during summer & winter. We also have fertile estates on the western ghats on Tamil nadu - Kerala boarder and we need to know what best could be cultivated there. Temp would vary from max.32 deg to min. 20 deg varing from summer to winter.
Regards,
Dear Joseph going by the place mentioned i presume your land is close to Walayar.

The rainfall in that particular region is generally very good. If you plan to go for vegetable crops take care to see that your land is not water logged during the monsoons. You will get a general idea as to the type of crops that can be grown by the farms around your area.

in case you can grow vegetables then you at the right spot because you have a ready market in Palakad for you produce.

If you are near TNAU have a look at their vegetable garden and get some advice from them. It is also advisable to have your soil and water tested before you decide on what plantation you can go in for in your land.

i have noticed that kirti has given you all the various possibility that you can do, research and do the best for yourself.

Best of luck for your venture.

Ecofriendly

If your property is 20+ hectares you would possibly be eligible for carbon trading credits for planting bamboo, which more than offsets cost. T. Stanes Co Ltd of Coimbatore, head of R&D, can advise you. Market for bamboo can be guaranteed. EcoFriendly

imprc

suggestions on what vegetables & fruits could be grown

Dear Sir/madam,

Regards,
for details and consultancy pl contact us by pm cp IMPRC

Farming in Coimbatore...

Dear Sir/ madam,

Thanks for your advice & suggestions. We are not locate on the Wallyar belt. We ar located on a higher elvation north of Anaykatti.

Regards,
Joseph

shanmuga06

Dear joseph,

You have asked about farming in Coimbatore.Dnt worry kindly keenly observe the neighbours ,and what they are cultivating the crops in their lands.As per your observation you gohead.Its the better way and without any consultation of experts.Your time will be saved.

For more details plz contact us;

A Sivakumar
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

jyona

cultivation in coimbatore

Dear joseph sunder,

we are planning to start veg cultivation in coimbatore.we have enough know how regarding about modern farming like precision farming ,poly house farming which yeilds 10 times than conventinal farming.we have enough marketing setup and department contacts.If you are interested please mail me......Somany profitable methods are there in a short span.Feel free to contact me .we can start a joint venture,then you will not have much head ache.
with regards
joseph k
Please contact.....

Last edited by a moderator: