Farmers association - Nagamangala

Register

revdev1379

Hi farmnest
I have an ancestor property (agricultural land) near Nagamangala taluk, with a borewell. I am basically from Bangalore with IT background. Farming had been my interest since my childhood.
Back to business, The land has not been cultivate quiet some years. I like take up this out of my interest.
I want to start with Greenhouse farming. I don’t get to hear a lot positive statement from the people live around here.
If there is anybody in and around Nagamangala already into Greenhouse farming /organic cultivation, Please do wire to me with your expertise dos/don’ts.

Regards,
Revathi

hari2175

Hi farmnest
I have an ancestor property (agricultural land) near Nagamangala taluk, with a borewell. I am basically from Bangalore with IT background. Farming had been my interest since my childhood.
Back to business, The land has not been cultivate quiet some years. I like take up this out of my interest.
I want to start with Greenhouse farming. I don’t get to hear a lot positive statement from the people live around here.
If there is anybody in and around Nagamangala already into Greenhouse farming /organic cultivation, Please do wire to me with your expertise dos/don’ts.

Regards,
Revathi
Hi Revathi,

Im HARISH from bangalore. ur message read that u have ancestral land in nagamangala, which means u r one from around that area. I seek help from u, i.e im in search of 6 to 8 acres of land around nagmangla as im planning to set up a dairy farm. reason behind choosing this particular area is as the lands interior nagamangala are very low in cost. And my budget being very less , im looking for lands within. Please help, i have no contacts around that area and hard to trust just anyone. leads would be highly appreciated.
Thank u..

HARISH
hari2175@yahoo.co.in

sharatnbalaiah

Wanna get associated n learn more about the association, activities n prospects.

Hi,

Myself sharat with land in jodi neralekere. Yes would be interested to know more about your plans n activities.

Hi All,

This thread is for the People having land in and around Nagamangala Taluk, Mandya District, Karnataka.

I am setting up a farmers association in Nagamangala for achieving following objectives. Interested people who are having agricultural land in Nagamangala may respond. If the people are settled in Bangalore, it is well and good although it is not a mandatory expectation.

Objectives and plan:

1. The association will encourage the members to grow Papaya in their land in integrated farming method.
2. The objective would be to resist usage of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. Each member should adhere to this primary guideline
3. The produce shall be marketed directly to fruit outlets and Homes in Bangalore. Appropriate infrastructure shall be setup for marketing in Bangalore. I have been able to find good market from direct customers in Bangalore for Papaya grown in my farm. Currently the market size is for 100 Kgs per week. I have about 100 yielding plants and have expanded it to 500 plants which will start yielding in another 8-10 months
4. The plan is to bring atleast 50-60 acres of land under papaya cultivation so that we are able to supply on regular basis to customers in Bangalore.
5. The Profit shall be shared based on the amount of produce from each member less the transport and marketing cost.
6. Unlike other farmers association, this association shall NOT provide any financial assistance for the members. It shall be used only as a marketing facility for the produce from the members.

I intend to run this association as a marketing facility for other agriculture products like Raagi, vegetables etc in future. In future, As an expansion plan, this association shall get involved into trading of agricultural products for Middle east counties.
I am looking for about 10-15 people with each having 4-10 acres of land and who would be willing to grow the papaya as per the guidelines set by the society. Once we have enough people to drive this idea, we can start with the registration of the association formally. Though I have not worked out the establishment cost for this association, I am guessing that Initially one may have to invest about Ten to twenty Thousand rupees for setting up the association. This investment shall be used for registration of the association, printing stationary and marketing stuff.

Kindly send me a PM if you are interested.

Regards
Naren

srikanthchinya

Help me in finding land rates...

Hi Srikanth here,
Please help me in finding agricultural land rate in chinya, Nagamangala Taluq as i am planning to buy there.
Thanks in advance.