Farmers association - Nagamangala

Register

narenmg

Hi All,

This thread is for the People having land in and around Nagamangala Taluk, Mandya District, Karnataka.

I am setting up a farmers association in Nagamangala for achieving following objectives. Interested people who are having agricultural land in Nagamangala may respond. If the people are settled in Bangalore, it is well and good although it is not a mandatory expectation.

Objectives and plan:

1. The association will encourage the members to grow Papaya in their land in integrated farming method.
2. The objective would be to resist usage of chemical pesticides and fertilizers. Each member should adhere to this primary guideline
3. The produce shall be marketed directly to fruit outlets and Homes in Bangalore. Appropriate infrastructure shall be setup for marketing in Bangalore. I have been able to find good market from direct customers in Bangalore for Papaya grown in my farm. Currently the market size is for 100 Kgs per week. I have about 100 yielding plants and have expanded it to 500 plants which will start yielding in another 8-10 months
4. The plan is to bring atleast 50-60 acres of land under papaya cultivation so that we are able to supply on regular basis to customers in Bangalore.
5. The Profit shall be shared based on the amount of produce from each member less the transport and marketing cost.
6. Unlike other farmers association, this association shall NOT provide any financial assistance for the members. It shall be used only as a marketing facility for the produce from the members.

I intend to run this association as a marketing facility for other agriculture products like Raagi, vegetables etc in future. In future, As an expansion plan, this association shall get involved into trading of agricultural products for Middle east counties.
I am looking for about 10-15 people with each having 4-10 acres of land and who would be willing to grow the papaya as per the guidelines set by the society. Once we have enough people to drive this idea, we can start with the registration of the association formally. Though I have not worked out the establishment cost for this association, I am guessing that Initially one may have to invest about Ten to twenty Thousand rupees for setting up the association. This investment shall be used for registration of the association, printing stationary and marketing stuff.

Kindly send me a PM if you are interested.

Regards
Naren

Hi Naren,

Where exactly your papaya farm comes even my native is Nagamangala taluk tatekere grama. we can visit your farm and collect the information regarding the papaya plantation. But there is no water source in my native.

Thanks,
Pradeep kumar

narenmg

Hi Pradeep,

My farm is in Tattahalli on the way to Devalapura from Nagamangala. I would be coming to my farm on 5th Nov. You can plan to visit then. I have sent you a PM with more details. Pls check

Regards
Naren

Hi Naren,

Thanks for your immediate response me and my friends needs to plan and come to your farm. You are doing any other farming like dairy, goat etc

Thanks,
Pradeep

prash9899

Hi, Naren....

Its really great idea, we have land around 8acres unused near bellur cross.
If you can revert with your contact details would like to meet you on NOv 5th.

Last edited by a moderator:

narenmg

Hi Prash9899,

I tried sending you a private message but got a message that the inbox is full and cannot receive the messages. Pls clear some messages from your inbox and let me know.Alternatively you can append Yahoo.com to my user Id and send me an email.

Regards
Naren

narenmg

Hi Pradeep, Prash9899,

Pls pass on this information to your known contacts who may be working in Bangalore and having land in and around Nagamangala. It is ideal to bring in people who are not dependent on agriculture for thier living. this way we can give enough time for the association to establish, sustain and then expand.

Thank you

Regards
Naren

narenmg

Dear All,

People from Nagamangala, Mandya region who are settled in Bangalore or elsewhere are requested to pass on this informaiton to those who are having land in and around Nagamangala. I appreciate your support

Regards
Naren

maruthidairy

hai friends...do you need...organic mannure..?

Dear all,

we at our arasikere dairy farm are producing 100% pure organic mannures i.e Fym Compost, vermicompost,cocopith compost,vermiwash and bio-slurry and is available for sale to the interested , understandable organic farmers.

Especially, the bio-slurry is very effective and result giving for all type of fuit ,vegetables and flower bearing plants as well as commercial crops like areca,banana,mango, turmeric,ginger,pepper etc.,

All interested farmers, who are looking for the quality organic mannure can communicate to us for all the requirements to us on maruthidairy09atyahoodotin

please feel free for any further clarifications.

thanks and regards,

kasturiraju.

narenmg

Dear All,

Till now, we have got Four members ( 2 from Tattahalli, 2 from Thiruganahalli) with total area of 12 Acres for growing papaya. Any more members from in and Around Nagamangala are welcome to join. I am targeting for 50 acres.

Regards
Naren

narayanagowda

Hi Naren !

I have 20 acres of coconut plantation near to Nagamangala. is it possible to grow papaya in the shades of Cocunut plantation? does it require drip irrigation?

narenmg

Hi Narayanagowda,

thank you for responding. papaya basically needs good sun light and water drainage. If the coconut trees are tall enough to allow the sun light in the ground area, you can go ahead for Papaya plantation. However you will not be able to adopt dense cultivation. you may need to choose to plant one row of papaya between two/three rows of Coconut trees depending on the amount of sunlight available.

I am coming to Nagamangala on 5th of Nov. I can Also visit your farm and suggest you. Kindly let me know

Regards
Naren

hnaswath

Pappaya farming

Dear Mr. Naren,
What is the investment and yield (weight and selling price) per acre?.
Also, please send me more details to.
Aswath.

narenmg

Dear Aswath,

The avg yield that you can expect is about 100 Kgs per plant per year and the selling price would be between 10 - 12 Rupees per Kg.

Would you be interested to know more, kindly let me know the location of your land. If you are closer to Mandya, we can probably meet up on 5th Nov

Regards
Naren

Last edited:

manumysore28

Hi Naren,

I live in Mysore and working in Bangalore. I don’t have a land near the suggested place(Nagamangala), but would think to invest if the plan is executable and proper study have been done on the present market competitors. Provide me the project plan with detailed study report on the same, you can send the details to my email

Also provide the opportunities and challenges in this Area in bullet points.
Would also be able to invest for other agricultural activities such as dairy, poultry etc.. at Mysore district. Interested people can contact me .

Kind regards,
Manohar D

narenmg

Hi Manohar !

I beleive you have misunderstood the initiative. The first and Foremost, this is not an investment option. Instead this is a marketing approach for those who would grow papaya in and around Nagamangala. Instead of individually transporting the produce, the members would plan and transport the produce to ensure that we optimise on transportation costs. Also the plan is to target the direct customers.There is no project plan that I can produce for you. Whatever the cost we incur in registering a association and for marketing shall be evenly distributed among members. I am estimating it to be not more than 10-20 K per person. It might even be less than 10K. Members will have their Own Land. they will grow as per the guidelines and the produce shall be marketed under a common Brand. Going forward, based on the cooperation between the members, the association will take its own Shape. If you have land around Nagamangala, I can provide you details about the economics of Papaya from my experience.

Regards
Naren

narenmg

thanks to everone who is enquiring by sending Private messages. Looking forward for few more people before I start the association. To Start with, even five members would be a good number.

Regards
Naren