Dairy farming

Register

laddy

I want to start dairy farm business in jalandhar.i am keen intrested to start but main problem is i have no land and not any exprience about this project.i want to start this because i love the taking care of animals.currently i am doing job in bpo.but i am not satisfy with this.dairy farm will be fullfill my intrested jobs and also provide the good money.can u suggest me the rates of land if i will be take on rent and other expenses for start the business.from where i can take practical experience.and if will start with 5 cows and how much money required for start business. anybody who want to help me can contact

Last edited by a moderator:

kirti s

dairy

Dear sir,
Dairy farming is higly profitable business as a north indian drinks 15-18 ltrs milk /day in various farms so plan, do get some training affection may not be good business. land lease / rent are local matters pls do check with lacal it self.

Regards

Kirti naik

promishra

Dairy farm solution

I want to start dairy farm business in jalandhar.i am keen intrested to start but main problem is i have no land and not any exprience about this project.i want to start this because i love the taking care of animals.currently i am doing job in bpo.but i am not satisfy with this.dairy farm will be fullfill my intrested jobs and also provide the good money.can u suggest me the rates of land if i will be take on rent and other expenses for start the business.from where i can take practical experience.and if will start with 5 cows and how much money required for start business. anybody who want to help me can contact
verry soon dairyprides.com is coming to solve your problem.Regards,Pratap Ch.Mishra/

jinsjmp

hi am new to this site and feel its good. i would like to start a dairy farm in kerala. initially i thought of going for 10 cows, but i do here somebody who faild in this business, can any one tel me that really is there any risk in this business

garao56

Dairy unit with 10 cows

Generally the project cost for 10 animal unit either buffaloes or cows is as follows:
Purpose Total Investment
A Term Loan for expansion of Dairy unit :
1 Cattle sheds & Other structures
i Cost of construction of cattle shed 25 sq mts @ Rs.1000 per Sq.mt for 10 GMBs with thatched roofing 75000
Sub-total 75000
2 Machinery & Dairy equipment
vi Wheel Borrows 1 (Rs.3000/- each) 3000
vii Cans & implements 1750
Sub-total 4750
Working Captial
1 10 GMBs/cows @ Rs.40000/- animal (includes transportation )
2 Working captial - Feeding cost for 10 animals for 2 months
3 Insurance for Buffaloes 8000
4 Insurance on Assets 250
Sub-total 420250
Term Loan for Dairy unit 500000
If you want to avail any loan from commercial Bank you have to meet a margin money of Rs.1.25 Lakhs and Rs.3.75 Lakhs will be the Bank Loan . The Bankers will take sucurity of land or building worth Rs.5.00 Lakhs for sanctioning the loan.

The dairy unit requires a cattle shed are of least 10 cents and 2.00 acres of land with irrigation facilities for raising fodder crops.

The annual expenditure for feeding & concentrates will be around Rs.2.50 Lakhs and profit will be around 2.75 Lakhs per annum.

If you are interested in establishing the unit please contact :G.Ananda Rao B.Sc(Ag) ,

start a dairy farm

Hi Laddy,

I would like to differfrom all the comments above to give you a good view.
If you are planning to start a dairy farm and have no land of your own then it could be a difficult project for you to start with since the number of animals you have said is 5.
I would suggest people with their own land to jump into this industry.
Anyhow there is a big venture in Ludhiana by the name of Macro Dairy limited.
you can have a word with the manager as they might be providing space for keeping the cattle to the local villagers.

in case of anymore assistance please feel free to contact:
Nitin Sachdeva
Sachdeva Dairy Farm,Haryana

attention Kiriti

Dear Kirti naik,

Please check your facts before posting as nobody can take up 15-18 litres per day.
The average per capita consumption in india is less than 250 gms per day.

Thanks,
Nitin Sachdeva

laddy

dairy

Sir i know if we have no own land,so this is difficult to sucess in this business.but i have seen in jalandhar city.many dairy farmer are purchasing fooder from the market.but they have number of animals.ok actually i have no land.and i want to start this business around jalandhar.i am thinking i will take agriculture place on land and will be work on this.or i also want to take practical knowledge through dairy farm.can u give me adress or number of the Macro dairy limited

avnanand

Dairy Farm

Dear Murali,

Kindly give us your contact number details by return email, I want to discuss about the modern equipment about the dairy Farm

We are very glade to inform you that our company “Greentech Organic Hydroponics Systems” manufacture a unit for the Maize/ Wheat grass fodder production in which you can produce Maize/ Wheat seedling by hydroponics techniques (Soil less culture) so it will ultimately produce microbes free, 100% organic healthy lush green seedlings of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder with less cost and in small area of 8ft x 4ft x 10ft with fully automated system, which can help you to boost up the production of Maize/ Wheat grass fodder in any climate condition with less input cost.

suryoga

Sir i need more details project report about 30cows send me
Please contact...

sarangk

YOU CAN START YOU SMALL SET UP WITH RENTED LAND FOR 4/5 YEARS. iF YOU GO GOOD ALL THE YEARS YOU CAN BUY YOUR OWN LAND VERY EASILY.