Dairy Farm investment

Register

smgowris

Dear Friends,

I am planing to set up a dairy farm in karnataka with 100 Cows.
Actually i heard that we wil not be able to make more than 15 percent on return on investment. if anyone has the project report could you please send the same.
Thanks in Advance.

Regards
Gowrish

kkrbalam

Can you also let me know, when you find a project report. We are planning for a dairy farm in AP, but we are trying to implement a pilot project with 20 animals before going for full scale expansion of 200 animals.

Ashwini

Hi

Initially to start with just start with 2 or 4 cows. Then you can expand it to 50 or 100. Visit a nearby dairy farm for practical experience. YOu can get a model project report from the nabard site itself then with the help of same you can make one for yourself.

Regards
Ashwini

saima

Dear Gowrish,

Your wish to start a dairy farm is appreciable. Mr Ashwini has correctly suggested to surf on NABARD Site where you will find project report on various subject including dairy. Why you are worried if somebody says you are getting only 15% return? How much return do you want? When you are into dairy business, the logic is simple and clear that You are having live stock which needs fodder, water, medicine, attendance etc which is not free. I want to explain very simply that one cow milching duration is 300 days approx. If one cow cost Rs 30,000/- and it gives 10 Ltrs a day and the milk cost per litre is Rs 20/- then for 300 days milk cost is Rs 60,000/-. Deduct amount from this towards attendant, medicine, fodder etc. Your profit for the first year will be helfers of the cow which will become cow after two year. You will be saving approx Rs 10000/- from each cow in a milching period. I hope you have understood the basics now.

Yours sincerely

Kamal Prasad