Bought land. What next?

Register

smrsraja

Hi Guys,

After a long wait and seeing lot of issues, finally i bought a land near Tirunelveli-TN (my hometown) to start a agri farm.

The land area is 26 acres in 3 peices(18, 5 & 3 acres). they cannot be linked but near by.

Now i need some guidance/suggestions on how to start the next process. The land has no fence, electricity, water point. It has 2 wells dug decades back on the 18 acre piece with out any walls into it. Now those wells have no water and during rains water get collected in it. I guess soil has filled all the water points there. Not sure if i can dig again or need to look out new points.

Adjacent farms have decent water and have amla/cashew/coconut yeilding decently. The area receives 800 mm rainfall/year.

From all the theorotical knowledge my plan is below
1)fence the land
2)Dig swales or/and rain water harvesting pond
2)Replenish existing well or dig new tube well
3)Apply for EB connection
4)Set up drip system for the area thats going to be planted initially
5)plant some tree crops along the borders as well as inside leaving place just for small crops.

Is this plan OK? Is anything i am missing?

For all these, will i get a agri loan for this from banks? What will they ask for? Is this kind of loan covered under any national/state agri scheme with subsidy?

Anybody with experience in this, please share.

Thanks in advance,
Raja

Last edited:

Ashwini

Hi

Your plan of action is right. Go ahead. Regarding loans, please write a project as to what do you want to cultivate and submit it to the bank. They will process and release loan accordingly.

REgards
Ashwini

smrsraja

Thanks Ashwini.

Are all those activities covered under any subsidised scheme?

I am planning for a mix of timber, fruiting trees to begin with. Will that be covered under any horticulture or timber growing schemes from national/state (tamilnadu) govt?

gvaranam

Dear Raja,
Your idea is good. Kindly think about some fast growing and easy cutivatable vegitables aslo like Plakki [crop with in 22-25 days] Ladies finger[40-45days] beans etc for easy and fast money. Such an easy income will soothens your burden to abig extend. But water is required. You can get subsidy for well making and drip irrigation arrangements. Subsidy is available for medicinal plants and horticultural plants also.

ecor1

dear friends

I am living in hill station, belong to nilgiri district I want to do my own business ie tissue culture of medicinal plants can anybody help me in giving valuable suggestions to start with