Agriland purchase-Ancestral property in Tamilnadu

Register

saran_79

Hi,
I proposed to purchase 40 cents of agriland of "Mr.A", who passed away. Now the legal heirs of "Mr.A" is proposed to sell the property. They got the legal heir eligilibility by way of legal heirs certificate. The legal heirs are 5 nos.

While executing Sale proceedings/Sale deed, is the legal heirs alone can execute the sale deed is enought or whether their childrens have to execute the sale proceedings jointly. Kindly clarify.

Also what are all the documents to be verified in this case.

Kindly help me out

rkakar

Legal heirs

I am not a legal expert but the legal heirs alone as long as they are in a good state of mind and not compromised should be able to execute the sale. The documents you need to check are patta 7/12, any encumbrances eg bank loans against the land and whether any disputes exist with neighbours. The 5 legal heirs should all agree on the sale in front of the panchayat and the land deed should be registered with the register office stamp and seal.

rmathews

title repor

Dear Saran,

what is the relegion/cast of seller. since there is no will or deed exisst, the appropriate succession laws come into effect. hindu, christian, and muslim acts are different.

as discussed several time " PATTA or CHITTA ADANGALS" are not TITLE of the property. Only buy when the property have clear title. There are experience/instance says some 3 - 4 transaction prior to your deal might had discrepancies in Title. now days most of teh land records are computerized but old period records, in several time might not be in order. When said property is ancestral property you must be double vigilant.

I suggest, find our a well know practicing lawyer in your near by area or contact any of the panel advocate of your near by nationalized bank specifically State bank of India, and get search TITLE of the property ,it would protect your intrest even though matter is little costly, you may need to spend 8-10k for the same. but better to spend some money to protect a large sum

remeber that inspite of all Revenue land records like Chitta, patta, ...etc there may still have legal issues if Title of the property is not clean

best of luck
rgds
mathew

mramalin

Legal heirs

Hi,
I proposed to purchase 40 cents of agriland of "Mr.A", who passed away. Now the legal heirs of "Mr.A" is proposed to sell the property. They got the legal heir eligilibility by way of legal heirs certificate. The legal heirs are 5 nos.

While executing Sale proceedings/Sale deed, is the legal heirs alone can execute the sale deed is enought or whether their childrens have to execute the sale proceedings jointly. Kindly clarify.

Also what are all the documents to be verified in this case.

Kindly help me out
In your own interest - if the children or grand children of these 5 heirs are above 18 yrs of age - pls. get them to sign while executing the sale deed.

justinbinny

Hi Saran,

The execution of the sale deed by the legal heirs is enough to safeguard your rights on the property. You must obtain a legal heir certificate from the sellds and apply for a EC from the sub registrar's office. Then engage a legal counsel to get his opinion, prior to purchase of this property.

commercial real estate brokers in raleigh nc

justinbinny

Hi Saran,

The execution of the sale deed by the legal heirs is enough to safeguard your rights on the property. You must obtain a legal heir certificate from the sellds and apply for a EC from the sub registrar's office. Then engage a legal counsel to get his opinion, prior to purchase of this property.

commercial real estate brokers in raleigh nc