Wanted Saffron bulbs needs for a pilot cultivation

Register

ranjith786

Hi,
Need a 2 - 4 no. Of saffron bulbs suitable to grow in Chennai Tamil Nadu.
Kindly provide me contact details of the cultivator or sellers.
This is a for trial cultivation .

Regards,
Ranjith

greenlandfns

Hi,
Need a 2 - 4 no. Of saffron bulbs suitable to grow in Chennai Tamil Nadu.
Kindly provide me contact details of the cultivator or sellers.
This is a for trial cultivation .

Regards,
Ranjith
It may be useless effort if you don't have the system to control micro climate around the saffron plants-normal Kashmir or Spanish saffron is of a particular climatic region and the climatic condition of saffron growing areas is much different from the climate of Chennai. So, think before you do such things. You can;t change certain things of Mother Earth, but can try with climate control systems. You can grow American saffron easily around Chennai which is not saffron.

If you want, we can supply real Saffron bulbs from our member farmers in Kashmir and it is not possible to supply the numbers specified by you. MOQ: 10 Kg-around 100-150 bulbs. And this is not available now. Will be available during June. Please mail us for further details to E: greenlandfns@gmail.com

ranjith786

Thanks for the reply, I am in Chennai but I have agricultural land in andhrapradesh chitoor district.
I have seen a article a person from Maharashtra doing saffron cultivation.
Even in Rajasthan also doing the saffron cultivation. That's what I have requested for saffron bulbs which can tolerate high temperature.

Ranjith