For Start ups

Register

maheshtm

Hi,

I am just stepping into Agriculture stream and have around 6 acres of fertile land around Bangalore ( 40 kms proximity).

Can any one suggest, what is the best way to start, i am planning for Silver Oak around the boundaries to begin with and an alternate crop on the main land.

Appreciate your suggestions...

Regards,
Mahesh

dr_vivekpatil

Visit Project Reports - Livestock Production Management for Crossbred Cow Dairy Farm Project Reports as per NABARD/Bank guidelines which can be customized and downloaded as per your needs.

Regards,
Dr. Vivek Patil
Asst. Prof. LPM, Veterinary College, Bidar

Site Moderators please note :This is a livestock extension initiative meant to increase awareness about the economic aspects of dairy farming and aid in project planning by dairy entrepreneurs. It does not involve any business activity.

neelshah

Hi,

I am just stepping into Agriculture stream and have around 6 acres of fertile land around Bangalore ( 40 kms proximity).

Can any one suggest, what is the best way to start, i am planning for Silver Oak around the boundaries to begin with and an alternate crop on the main land.

Regards,
Mahesh
if you're only 40 kms from Banglore your land prices will not justify crops/orchards etc. go for capital intensive farming like greenhouses/mushrooms/hydroponics/tissue culture labs/dairy. My experience is that with your land worth you will earn more in a fixed deposit than in traditional agriculture.

hcms

Hi,

Regards,
Mahesh
Dear sir,
We will suggest you contract farming of herbal and medicinal plants..which will be profitable for you financially n economicaly,please give us more details about your land,soil,water so that we can suggest you for the best plantation!!

Contract Farming by HCMS
Hahnemann charitable mission society 1996, an ISO certified NGO providing consultancy services in the agric sector.

We have been successfully working since 1996, for the large-scale development of organic, aromatic, medicinal and Jatropha plants, in all over India through farmers. HCMS has conducted numbers of awareness,seminars,trainings,campaigns,workshops & education programmes for such plantation& is promoting these cultivation globally too.

Activities & Achievements
1. About 200 acres of land has been developed as medicinal plants estate.
2. Promoted 100 acres of land under aloe Vera cultivation & have been helping in the marketing.
3. One of the Major research projects entitles ‘Stevia cultivation under contract farming” is undertaken in collaboration with an international company.
4. We undertake contract farming on large scale for medicinal ,horticulture & enviornement friendly cultivation under buy back agreement.
5. Seeds & seedlings of aloevera,jatropha,Anwla,Ashwhangadha,safed Musli & stevia have been distributed to 1000 growers by society in Bassi Phagi,Jaipur for contract farming

Presently, farmers/individuals can contact us for cultivating the following crops.Also contact us for contract farming of the crops.

1.Ashwagandha
2.Amla
3.Jatropha
4.Coleus
5.Lemon Grass
6.Guggle
7.Stevia
8.Jivanti
9.Satabdi
10.Neem
11.Sonamukhi
12.Aloe Vera