Chicken Poultry Farm

Register

kirti s

chicken poultry farming

Over the last many years, the Indian poultry farming industry has been growing steadily with an annual growth rate of 20%. The present worth of Indias poultry industry is more than Rs.70, 000 million.

Personal Skills required for poultry farming:

Knowledge of poultry, including how to care for, handle and feed birds.
Care about the health and welfare of the birds.
knowledge of biosecurity practices to keep the birds free of disease farm management and administration skills.
Organisational and planning skills.
Practical skills for doing repair and maintenance work around the farm.
Hardworking and motivated.
Poultry farmers must be fit and healthy, and they should not have asthma or other breathing problems.

Institutions Offering Poultry Farming Courses in India

National Institute of Open Schooling

A-24/25, Institutional Area, Sector - 62,
Noida
» read more...

Dr. B.V. Rao Institute of Poultry Management and Technology

Uruli Kanchan
Pune

The three types of birds developed by the PDP for rural poultry rearing include Vanaraja, Gramapriya and Krishi-bro. While Vanaraja is a dual-purpose breed for producing both eggs and meat, Krishi-bro is meant largely for broiler production. Gramapriya is a good egg-laying breed.

The other breeds suited for poultry farming include Giriraja and Girirani (developed by the Bangalore-based agriculture university), Krishna (evolved by the Jabalpur farm varsity), Nandanam-99 ( developed by Chennai-based Veterinary university), Grama Laxmi (developed by Kerala agricultural university) and Kalinga Brown (developed by the Bhuvaneshwar-based poultry organisation -- CPDO).

Barring Giriraja, which is a dual purpose bird, all others are good egg-layers. The fertile eggs or one-day chicks to multiply them in the rural areas are available at these organisations.

The economics of rural poultry worked out by the PDP indicates that rearing of Vanaraja birds can offer a profit of about Rs 10 to 25 per male bird sold at the age of 12 weeks and Rs 105 per female bird from the sale of eggs in a laying cycle of 72 weeks.

The main source of return in broiler farms was from sale of broiler birds. The maximum return from the sale per broiler was Rs. 48.10 on large size farms, where as lowest in small size farms Rs. 46.59/ broiler. The returns from sale of manure were maximum of Rs. 0.738 per bird on small size farms. This accounted for 1.48 percent of the total returns from broiler farm. The maximum overall net return was found on large size farms i.e. Rs. 10.20/broiler & lowest on small size farms Rs. 8.59/ broiler. The overall average net return was Rs. 9.34/ broiler.

Methods:Chicks are hatched in Incubators. They are transfered when 'fluffed up' to 7x5 brooding sheds which are prepared first by thorough cleaning and disinfection.. They are brooded under gas lamps, and are given chick crums and fresh water, twice daily. Straw bedding is used as it encourages them to scratch and peck, and they don't tend to eat it unlike shavings.By keeping them in fairly low light levels(simulating that of their natural habitat), it is possible to rear chicks without featherpecking. This unfortunate vice is caused by lack of stimuli, very light conditions, stress & overcrowding.

Once they reach 6-8 weeks, the chicks are fully feathered, and with care may be allowed out to range. They are given fresh pasture, and grow quickly. Most birds are fully grown at 16-20 weeks.

papoo82

hatchery business plan & process

Over the last many years, the Indian poultry farming industry has been growing steadily with an annual growth rate of 20%. The present worth of Indias poultry industry is more than Rs.70, 000 million.

Personal Skills required for poultry farming:

Knowledge of poultry, including how to care for, handle and feed birds.
Care about the health and welfare of the birds.
knowledge of biosecurity practices to keep the birds free of disease farm management and administration skills.
Organisational and planning skills.
Practical skills for doing repair and maintenance work around the farm.
Hardworking and motivated.
Poultry farmers must be fit and healthy, and they should not have asthma or other breathing problems.

Institutions Offering Poultry Farming Courses in India

National Institute of Open Schooling

A-24/25, Institutional Area, Sector - 62,
Noida
» read more...

Dr. B.V. Rao Institute of Poultry Management and Technology

Uruli Kanchan
Pune

The three types of birds developed by the PDP for rural poultry rearing include Vanaraja, Gramapriya and Krishi-bro. While Vanaraja is a dual-purpose breed for producing both eggs and meat, Krishi-bro is meant largely for broiler production. Gramapriya is a good egg-laying breed.

The other breeds suited for poultry farming include Giriraja and Girirani (developed by the Bangalore-based agriculture university), Krishna (evolved by the Jabalpur farm varsity), Nandanam-99 ( developed by Chennai-based Veterinary university), Grama Laxmi (developed by Kerala agricultural university) and Kalinga Brown (developed by the Bhuvaneshwar-based poultry organisation -- CPDO).

Barring Giriraja, which is a dual purpose bird, all others are good egg-layers. The fertile eggs or one-day chicks to multiply them in the rural areas are available at these organisations.

The economics of rural poultry worked out by the PDP indicates that rearing of Vanaraja birds can offer a profit of about Rs 10 to 25 per male bird sold at the age of 12 weeks and Rs 105 per female bird from the sale of eggs in a laying cycle of 72 weeks.

The main source of return in broiler farms was from sale of broiler birds. The maximum return from the sale per broiler was Rs. 48.10 on large size farms, where as lowest in small size farms Rs. 46.59/ broiler. The returns from sale of manure were maximum of Rs. 0.738 per bird on small size farms. This accounted for 1.48 percent of the total returns from broiler farm. The maximum overall net return was found on large size farms i.e. Rs. 10.20/broiler & lowest on small size farms Rs. 8.59/ broiler. The overall average net return was Rs. 9.34/ broiler.

Methods:Chicks are hatched in Incubators. They are transfered when 'fluffed up' to 7x5 brooding sheds which are prepared first by thorough cleaning and disinfection.. They are brooded under gas lamps, and are given chick crums and fresh water, twice daily. Straw bedding is used as it encourages them to scratch and peck, and they don't tend to eat it unlike shavings.By keeping them in fairly low light levels(simulating that of their natural habitat), it is possible to rear chicks without featherpecking. This unfortunate vice is caused by lack of stimuli, very light conditions, stress & overcrowding.

Once they reach 6-8 weeks, the chicks are fully feathered, and with care may be allowed out to range. They are given fresh pasture, and grow quickly. Most birds are fully grown at 16-20 weeks.
Hi

Can any one guide to open Chicken Poultry Farm at puri.pls give details about Process and procedure and approx. cost

Chicken in required

Hi, I am from Bangalore , I work for a IT company. I wanted have 6 to 8 layer in my home without Roster. This placed ON the Roof of my house. Can any one tell me best breed.
Where do I get the breed, I need adult age 3 to 4 month layer

Last edited: