which crop??

Register

gunavanth

I have 140 acres of land near Kanpur. I am new to agriculture. On advice we made soil testing. we got ph from 8.2 to 8.7 in difernent locations.

Wat crops I can cultiavte at this soil. Good water is available. Can I cultivate organic vegetables for exports? What profitable crops I can do here at Kanpur climate/ Expecting advices from teh experts group of this web site.

Chandu Gunavant

sampadafarms

Established Member
Sampada Farms!

We can provide solutions for your proposed project. We are hyderabad based agri consultants. Please contact us. We forwarded a pm already. Please respond.

Regards
sampada farms & consultants

anil1956

Established Member
Expert Member
crop selection

pH of 8.2 to 8.7 suggests alkalinity in the soil, is the soil black, what about water quality-ph and EC.

go for a full techno economical advisory support if you are planning to go in a big way.
visit us at
http://www.agriprojectsconsultants.com

anil patil

I have 140 acres of land near Kanpur. I am new to agriculture. On advice we made soil testing. we got ph from 8.2 to 8.7 in difernent locations.

Wat crops I can cultiavte at this soil. Good water is available. Can I cultivate organic vegetables for exports? What profitable crops I can do here at Kanpur climate/ Expecting advices from teh experts group of this web site.

Chandu Gunavant

antony_pratap

Soil is very alkaline

Hi,

Its not advisable to go into for vegetable or organic immediately.

Patrially you can go in for large scale sheep or goat farming, growing forage crops is not a problem.

If you want to go in for vegetables then you need to treat your soil with gypsum to reduce the ph to 7.

Drumstick & papaya will grow, there is also few cotton variety that can be grown.

If you looking for orchid then you can go in for oranges.

But like our friend has said, first check the water, if that is akaline too then you will have to treat the water before it hits your soil.

All the best!

Regards,
Antony

pioneeragri

Farm advisory services

Hi

Please contact us for suitable crop selection and farm advisory services. We can advise you our best solutions alongwith on-farm services as we are near to you at almost negligible physical distance. For more details please visit us at following mentioned website or contact us either via private message/ Email.

Thanks and regards