Tree plantation

Register

vishwa6

Dear Members,

We have farm lands close to 40 acres in Tamilnadu, Tiruvannamalai District.
step by step we are planning to change atleast 50% of our land to Tree plantations.
currently we are cultivating Paddy and sugarcane in these lands.
We cannot go for fruit trees as there are few monkeys in the village - which destroys the fruits in the early stage itself.

I need advise from the members abut what type of trees I can opt for.
one tree in my mind is the cotton tree ( in tamil ilavan panji) which can start yielding cotton from 4'th or 5'th year.
people advised for Eucalyptus as some part of the land is dry and arid - but I personally do not want to plant as it reduces the water table level.

I need forum's help to guide me for the appropriate tree cultivation.

Thanks in advance,
Vishwa.

shanmuga06

Silk cotton cultivation

Kindly go for silk cotton(Ilavam panji) plantation in your land.Its does not requires any special care when comparing with other kind of tree plantation.Its does not requires pestcide and fertilizers.There is no fear of theft.Kindly select the hibreed variety Singapore kabab .The fruit of the size will be one feet lenght.So without any strain we will get Neraly Rs 40000/- per acre.The marketing centre in tamilnadu is Rajapalyam,Bodinayakanur & Theni.we are having hibreed variety Singapore kabab with us.

For more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar
priya nursery garden
Karaikudi-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

sudhirpai

trees

You may plant Melia Dubia ( Malevembu) alongwith Sandalwood, so that Melia works as Host Tree.
As an intercrop, grow Vetiver that can fetch you considerable income in 12 months.
Sudhir Pai

archidambaram

Dear Members,

We have farm lands close to 40 acres in Tamilnadu, Tiruvannamalai District.
step by step we are planning to change atleast 50% of our land to Tree plantations.
currently we are cultivating Paddy and sugarcane in these lands.
We cannot go for fruit trees as there are few monkeys in the village - which destroys the fruits in the early stage itself.

I need advise from the members abut what type of trees I can opt for.
one tree in my mind is the cotton tree ( in tamil ilavan panji) which can start yielding cotton from 4'th or 5'th year.
people advised for Eucalyptus as some part of the land is dry and arid - but I personally do not want to plant as it reduces the water table level.

I need forum's help to guide me for the appropriate tree cultivation.

Thanks in advance,
Vishwa.
Dear Mr. Vishwa,

Go for Melia Dubia - Malai Vembu. It grows fast. And next you can go for Kumil tree. Try to plant families of trees; never go for only one type.

As somebody suggested, you can go for bamboo; but thornless variety

spkbiotech

Dear brother iam in tamilnadu,spkbiotech is my company , in our team agri expert and staffs are available,kindly contact me send to your contacts

Last edited by a moderator:

antony_pratap

Casurina Clone

Hi,

You can go for casurina clone MTP1 which is the highest yeilding variety of casurina you will have an excellent yeild of min 100 tons in 5 yrs if you do exactly the way we say or just rain fed min of 60 tons.

We will give you a buy back gurantee of Rs.1800/ton we will do the harvesting and transportation.

The Minimum we take up is 5acres + projects only.

If you have existing trees more than 3-4 years which is more than 1inch grith we will take it.

Regards,
Antony
antonypratap.e@gmail.com

vriksha

pongamia and annatto

You can go in for pongamia trees. Pongamia (karanj) does well in Tamil Nadu. Eventually you can harvest pongamia seeds and extract oil from them to be used as biodiesel.

You can also go in for annatto trees. Annatto starts yielding after two years. Annatto seeds are fetching between Rs. 60-90 per kg. in the market now. Tissue cultured annatto plants area also available from a few tissue culture companies in south India.

Both pongamia and annatto are not attacked by monkeys and do not require the intensive care which other trees/fruits require. Of course, good irrigation and a little fertilizer will improve growth and yields like in any other crop. Hope you get my point.

hcms

Stevia and Medicinal Plant’s Cultivation training program

Stevia and Medicinal Plant’s Cultivation training program
HCMS is organizing a 3 days Stevia and Medicinal Plant’s Cultivation Training Program at Pink City Jaipur in the first week of coming September 2011.You can have complete guide to growing, harvesting, and marketing stevia leaves .Valuable information is compiled from growers, research trials, and the author’s own experience. Includes stevia leaf buyers, sellers, and other resources. Practical Training provided by the Technical experts having experienced of 12-15 years.Attendy could be individuals, Co-operates and rural farmers. Session includes market strategic, availability, future of medicinal plant,trading and export opportunities various knowledgeable information available for entrepreneur.Training also include knowledge about organic farming,Aloevera,Ashwangandha,Coleus,Jatropha farming,Baer, Bel Patra,Guggal,Lemon Grass,Khas.

OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING PROGRAM:-

1.The complete information about commercial cultivation of medicinal plants and Stevia cultivation.
2.Before starting cultivation what parameters has to be taken?
3.Include field level primary processing /value addition activities.
4.Converting your business into small scale industries ?
5.On what parameters/standard Medicinal cultivation done?
6.Marketing aspects & services?
7.Profit percentage from single buyer and how much it is effective?
8.Guarantee of Buy back guarantor?
9.Certified plant saplings and seeds, surety of certification and standardization of material?
10.How can you choose any medicinal plants according to your place climate, Land soil and water availability?
11.List of Government certified & approved Herbal plants?
12.Climatically conditions, environmental improvement and soil improvement.
13.Employment to unemployed people?
14.Promotions of Herbal plants according to Government Schemes?
15.Medicinal farming through organic preparation?
16.Cultivation of Medicinal plants with minimum water level?
17.Safety about climatic diseases in Medicinal Herbs?
18.How to prepare nursery of Medicinal plants?
19.Subsidy from Central and State Government?
20.Formalities for Organic Certification?
21. Bankable projects and bank loan?

VISIT INCLUDES DURING TRAINING SESSION:-

1.Vermicompost processing unit.
2.Stevia Farm Visit
3.Aloe-Vera farm visit and technical knowledge about sowing, harvesting, marketing and export.
(a) How to extract pulp from Aloe-Vera leaf?
(b) How to extract Juice from leaf?
4.Lemongrass farm visit.
5.Jatropha farm visit.

TRAINING DETAIL:-

Training Duration:- 3 days

Training Time:- 11:00 am to 4:00 pm

Training Place:- Jaipur

Training Type:- Residential Training

TRAINING FACILITIES:-

We are providing following facilities to trainee :

• Accomodation+ Food
• Farm visit