Information needed

Register

a_allfaa

Sir,
I have a one ground land (2400 sqft) red soil i would like to make use of this land. But i have no idea of what to cultivate or do. If you would guide me, it would be of help.

Thanks
Reg
Allen (chennai)

Ashwini

HI

You can cultivate vegetables, plant few fruit trees or cultivate some flower crops. Contact the horticulture department for technical details. What you want to cultivate also depends on the source of water you use

Regards
Ashwini

padmanabhan_ganesan

Dear Allen,

I see that you are in Chennai and for people like you and me, "Makkal TV" is showcasing details about how to have home gardens from 6.30 PM to 7:00 PM from Mon to Fri. Hope this helps!!!

You can have both vegetables and flowers as well. But growing trees will benefit after a few years, if you are willing to wait that longer, you can go for mango trees, sapota etc.

Best of Luck!!!

I suggest you can buy 5 cows/buffaloes and get advice from TANUVAS, Madhavaram,Chennai.QUALITY MILK IS IN GREAT DEMAND.Regards!

ifarmer01

Land utlization

Hi Allen,

If you are planning to start vegetable farming, please checkout this website theyoungfarmer.com. It may help you to decide what to cultivate. Click on "choose your crop" section to see details you required

All the best