Help Tamarind Sweet, PKM-1 and No.263 Grafted verities

Register

kaja_4d

Hi All,

We are thinking of Tamarind cultivation (Sweet, PKM-1 and No:263) verieties in Andhra Pradesh.

What I am looking for:

I am looking for refference of successful cultivation and yeilding of Tamrind pods with good taste in "Andhra pradesh" (Prakasam District, if not Andhra pradesh).

Why I am looking for refferance:

When I spoke to one of the Ex-forrest officer, he said they get yeilding but they did not
get good taste.

If any farmers or nursery plant suppliers who supplied grafted plants and have seen
successful cultivation of Tamarind verities "Sweet, PKM-1 and No:263 grafted" with good taste.

please send me their contact information through private message, so that I can contact them and visit their farm.

Thank you

Kaja

kirti s

Tamarind tree is one of the most important
multipurpose tree species in the Indian sub-continent. It is a large evergreen tree with an
are available on production of tamarind in India.Tamarind cultivation is concentrated in the
states of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Orissa and Kerala .
Indian Standards have prescribed quality specifications for seedless tamarind, dry tamarind and tamarind seed(Anon, 1996c). The
Indian Standard specifications are available for tamarind juice concentrate (IS:5955,
1993), pulp (IS:6364, 1993), for kernel oil (IS:189, 1977), IS: 511, 1962 for kernel
powder and IS 9004, 1978 for seed testa.
Agricultural Research, Station,
Pandirimamidi -533 288

Dist: East Godavari

Crops: Tamarind, Cashew, Custard apple and Forest produce.