Coconut trees

Register

amarsu

I like to know all about planting the coconut trees.I have about 2 acres of land.Only at the boundaries I plan to have coconut trees and Inbetween the trees,I like to place different fruits plants like,Jackfruit,Mango,Guava,Papaya.Is this a good idea?

alpha449

coconut"s a loser crop i have 160trees and they are of no consequence u need to put in effort and the returns r of little value like Rs 2.50 a nut every 4-6 months not worth it under the present scenario.
If i were u i wud go in for silver oak or teak on the boundries and hybrid horticultural trees inside.Plz choose your saplings very very carefully as i made blunders and have burnt my fingers going in for medium stuff.
All the best

shanmuga06

DxT RamGanga coconut seedlings

we are having good variety & high yield coconut seedlings with many more salient features like early yield,very very short in height for less maintanence,sweet water content of minimum 650 ml .If water source will be very sound the water content will be minimum 750 ml.This coconuts can be used for tender coconuts in summer with higher price .Remaining season the coconuts can be used for marured coconuts.This variety has been promoted & propagted by cross (closed) polination with gangapondam as female plant and west coast tall plant as male.

For more details plz contact us:

a Sivakumar
priya Nursery garden
KARAIKUDI-630001,TN
priyagar06@yahoo.co.in

vkv_2

I like to know all about planting the coconut trees.I have about 2 acres of land.Only at the boundaries I plan to have coconut trees and Inbetween the trees,I like to place different fruits plants like,Jackfruit,Mango,Guava,Papaya.Is this a good idea?
Amarsu,

First and foremost before you plant coconut have knowledge on your soil type and see if it is suitable for the cultivation of coconut.

IF your soil is suitable then it comes down to the variety. If you have good water and soil drainage then you can go for D*T variety else go for T*D or traditional variety.

You can get an average yield of
D*T = 180 to 225 nuts.
T*D = 140 to 190 nuts.
Traditional = 90 to 130 nuts.

With the usage of the coconut as by products ever increasing you can safely go in for plantation of coconut as a cash crop.

Alternatively if your soil is not suitable for coconut then planting timber value trees will also provide you with a good wind barrier for the horticultural crops that you plan to plant inside and also a value addition for your field.

shanmuga06

DxT RaamGanga coconut seedlings

Dear Mr Amarsu,

Our raamganga will grow in very fertile land and even barren land .So you need not worry about soil .But you will provide much water i.e daily 20 litres or 150 litres per week.

A Sivakumar