Business Opportunities in Agriculture: 150 Field Interviews (Book)

lOW COST SHED DESIGN FOR GOATS

Register

Click Here!

pradeeprb

Dear All,
We are setting up a goat farm with 200 goats and i need a shed design which costs less, and with good ventilation.

I have the conventional 3 sides closed and one side open design with cement bricks and cement sheets.

i would be grateful if you can provide with shed designs.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
pradeep.

agri_lover

Information needed.

Sir, Juz wanted to know how much did your 3 wall and one opening with cement blocks & sheet cost. What is the dimension of this shed. Appreciate a prompt reply as it would be helpful for the millions of people like me who would also like to get into this.

pradeeprb

I too do not know how much it costs, i just have the design.

Will be highly appreciable if anyone could provide the designs and approximate cost of such designs.

agri_lover

links.

checkout the following links you may get some idea.

please contact

This may be helpful, plz share your knowledge for the benefit of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:

antony_pratap

Low Cost Shed

Hi,

What is the purpose of the shed is for stall fed system or just a nigh shelter with grazing method.

The first Main Objective of any animal husbandry farming is meeting the break-even point at the earliest, Hence always ensure you capital expense on accessories and shed and other things which are not going to fetch you an income is at the minimal so you get to buy good quality animals to start your farm.

If you going in for stall fed purpose of goat farming stop going in for any of just wall around the 3 sides and one side open, make it very simple with just thatched leaves (coconut leaves) in the dimension of 35ft breath max to any length, if you looking for 200 goats then make it 100ft length, dived the shed into two sides build just a 4ft wall of 15ft each side giving a 5ft walk path so you can have goats on either side, build a 2ft wall with a water tub format on either side of the 100ft and then raise some kind of railing for another 2 ft so goats don't jump over. Ensure the entire 35/100ft is cemented with a 2inch tapper on each ends for urine and water to sail through a small drain all the way outside into a tank.

Over the 4ft wall in the front and back you can make a bamboo railing so there is enough and more of ventilation, from either side of the 35ft make an extension of free space to graze of a min of 40 ft to how much you want cover totally with chain link fencing of about 5 or 6ft.
Let the center height of the shed be 12ft and the tapper to the corner be at 6-7ft .

Always when you make shed you need to be ready for the offspring’s, this format of shed you can keep one side for breeding and the other side divide into two one for pregnant does and one for kids. With proper supervision this format of shed should not cost you anything more than 80K-1 lac Max depending on the cost of labor and the raw material in your area

This shed will be good enough for about 2-3yrs by which you need to ensure you reached the breakeven point and have made money and all you can do later is just modify the same without much alteration into the red Kerala tiles which will then be for life with a min of maintenance. Asbestos sheet are too hot in summer and also cold during winter.

All the best!

Regards,
Antony

pradeeprb

Thank you very much Antony sir,

sir, could you please elaborate on the stall fed goat shed, I mean if you find time could you possibly come up with a rough drawing of the explanation you gave.

We do not have the possibility of going for palm leaves, and we are planning to go for cement sheets as roof.

I would be very grateful if you can come up with the design.

regards,
Pradeep.