AgricultureInformation.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gerbera Cultivation in low cost green house

Default Gerbera Cultivation in low cost green house

I am really interested in doing gerbera cultivation in my farms near North Bangalore. I would like to build a low cost green house (could be bamboo, using MS pipes, Causrina poles or stone poles). The reason being, I don't want to invest huge amounts in just the green house( I know I can get loans for the same, but somehow I feel the cost of green house ( couple of places in bangalore I found out say around 450/m2 to 750/m2) is a little too much for the returns. With these rates just a green house for 1 acre would cost me 18 lacs.
    Now one thing I wanted to know is whether the green house really costs that much or is just another greenhouse fabricator is getting rich, because lot of people think there are subsidies and hence they simply get the loans and subsidies and give it off to the fab guys.
    Is there anyone who felt the same as me and or has done some setup for a similar one with a much lower cost greenhouse and is successful in growing any flowers. Or the idea of going for a low cost green has really less practical uses. Please advice

Dear Sir

Pls visit Hulimavu centre in Bangalore.and visit Mr. nataraj . He will help u to get the complete details and training if needed. There are special training programmes in Lalbagh and bangalore for the same.
    Last edited by Ritika; January 9th, 2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Thanks Kirti for passing on the information. Do these people work on developing low cost green houses ?

Default Need low cost Poly house for capsicum & flower cultivation in Bangladesh.

Hi, If any one can help me to get low cost ploy house with all necessary things need for capsicum, Tomato, & Flower proction in Bangladesh different places for different sizes of poly house setup than please contact me
    regards
    Shafiq Ahmed
    Last edited by Ritika; January 14th, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

I need quick reply of this message.

Blog Entries

Default swaroop here

Quote Originally Posted by manjanna View Post
    I am really interested in doing gerbera cultivation in my farms near North Bangalore. I would like to build a low cost green house (could be bamboo, using MS pipes, Causrina poles or stone poles). The reason being, I don't want to invest huge amounts in just the green house( I know I can get loans for the same, but somehow I feel the cost of green house ( couple of places in bangalore I found out say around 450/m2 to 750/m2) is a little too much for the returns. With these rates just a green house for 1 acre would cost me 18 lacs.
    Now one thing I wanted to know is whether the green house really costs that much or is just another greenhouse fabricator is getting rich, because lot of people think there are subsidies and hence they simply get the loans and subsidies and give it off to the fab guys.
    Is there anyone who felt the same as me and or has done some setup for a similar one with a much lower cost greenhouse and is successful in growing any flowers. Or the idea of going for a low cost green has really less practical uses. Please advice
    I'm also feeling same and wanna establish green house for gerbera and carnations,anthuriums.Can you meet me once?.I'm having my office in sahakarnagar.Really kirti is replying to all clients And she is having good details about agriculture.she has given three websites related to gerbera which are very much helpful to flower growers who wanna grow in large scale.hope you will meet me.
    with regards,
    swaroop
    Last edited by Ritika; April 13th, 2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Only Business Members are allowed to post contact info. Please click “Upgrade” to become a Business Member.

Blog Entries

Default thank you

Quote Originally Posted by kirti s View Post
    Dear Sir

Pls visit Hulimavu centre in Bangalore.and visit Mr. nataraj . He will help u to get the complete details and training if needed. There are special training programmes in Lalbagh and bangalore for the same.
    Hello kirti madam,
    First of all I like to thank you for your kind information on behalf of all members.I'm an agri graduate into agro foods exports n jumped to realestate and now I wanna do floriculture in my farm.I read most of the replies sent by you to other members.I got good information from some links given by you to others.
    I want to establish gerbera,carnation,anthurium floriculture.I wanna prices of these flowers.production cost and other details.What is yor opinion on getting into floriculture field?
    thanking you once again
    with regards,
    swaroop

Dear madam

Gerbera is good crop to cultivate.
    cultural practices
    Media-Sand
    Coir dust-FYM in ratio 1:2:1:1
    ph:5-6.2

Climate:day temp:22-25degree celsius
    Night temp: 13-16 '' '
    photoperiod: 8hrs/day
    rh: 65-70per cent

types semi-doubles and double
    propagation- division/suckers or tissue culture.
    Spacing: 30x30cm
    PLANT POPULATION :700-720 plants/100sqm
    fumigation; 2per cent formalin
    Planting: on raised beds at any time mostly in August.

personally, i feel that the fab guys are getting richer. Search for my user post where i did calculate the cost of setting up based on green houses in US.

Even in US, it costs around Rs 30/m2 (after doing conversion to Rs). Not sure why we are paying 500 to 700/m2 in India??

Unfortunately, no expert replied to it other than some vague response from a mindless person...:(

lets see this comment ignites some fire..:)

Thanks

DEAR RGUDAPET

PLS GO THROUGH THE BELOW ARTICLE IN INDIAN JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURE.IT IS OF 1998-99. SO THE COST WOULD COME THIS MUCH AT THAT TIME SO NATURALLY IT MAY HAVE INCREASED NOW.

An economic analysis of gerbera cultivation in a low-cost ventilated polyhouse (NVPH) or a polyhouse with fan and pad cooling system (FPPH) was conducted in 1998/99. The total cost of cultivation was higher for FPPH (117 224 rupees) than for NVPH (66 329). NVPH resulted in higher total flower yield (103 flowers/m2) and yield of grade A flowers (89%) than FPPH (94 flowers/m2 and 62%, respectively). The higher yield observed in NVPH was attributed to greater survival of plants from diseases (95% versus 79% in FPPH). A net return of 136.5 rupees/m2 was recorded for NVPH, whereas a net loss of 160.02 rupees/m2 was recorded for FPPH, mainly due to higher investment cost without any additional benefit. Thus, NVPH was more appropriate for gerbera cultivation under Bangalore (Karnataka, India) conditions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast