Notices
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I buy farm/agri-land in India?

1. #1 Can I buy farm/agri-land in India? 

* Is it true that only agriculturist or an agricultural worker by profession can buy farm land in India?
    * Can any indian buy farm/agri-land?
    * What if I want to buy farm land and then lease/contract it to somebody for farming?

Thanks in advance for clarification. Reference to a suitable link will be the best.

2. #2 Buying Farm Land... 

Dear Mr. Gupta,
    Can you please clarify your status, Resident Indian/NRI (non - resident indian), secondly the laws differ from state to state.

Regards,
    Dutt Sharma

NRI cannot buy agricultural land in india.
    Q9.: Can a person resident outside India (i.e. a NRI or a PIO or a foreign national of non-Indian origin) acquire agricultural land/plantation property/farm house in India by way of purchase?
    Ans.: No. A person resident outside India cannot acquire by way of purchase agricultural land/plantation property/farm house in India.
    Last edited by moderator A; December 14th, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: only premium members are allowed to post contact info. please click My Account to upgrade

4. #4 i can help u to get ur required property in india . 

sir, i can get u ur required property in INDIA. u may contact me
    Last edited by Ritika; October 23rd, 2007 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Only paid Verified Members are allowed to post contact details. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Verified Member.

Thanks for the reply so far.

I know that NRI's can't buy agricultural land in India. But does this apply to farm land also?
    * Is there a difference between farm land and agricultural land in terms of government rules and use of the land by the holder.
    * Can NRI's buy any land (other than residential land and commercial)?

In fact, how many categories of lands are there (residential, commercial, agri, farm, .....)?

What about a normal resident indian (non-agriculturist)? Can he buy any type of land?

I guess the rules differ in different states.

Which states allow a normal resident indian (non-agriculturist) to buy agri-land (or any land for that matter)?

Well, my objective is purely for investment purposes (not for farming). And I don't have budget for 100's of acres of land.

Thanks in advance.

It was good to see few quick replies after I started the topic but no replies since I put some more details on my query and my situation.

Please clarify my doubts posted in last post.

Q. I know that NRI's can't buy agricultural land in India. But does this apply to farm land also? Is there a difference between farm land and agricultural land in terms of government rules and use of the land by the holder.

There are various kinds of land--agricultural, industrial, residential, government, forest, etc.
    When offered any piece of land for purchase, you need to check its classification as per the Revenue Department records.
    And yes, specific types of usages (and eligibility for purchase) are prescribed for each type of land.
    There is no category called "farm land". DO NOT be misled by brokers/property developers reagrding your specific eligibility to purchase land--always check with a lawyer.

Q. Can NRI's buy any land (other than residential land and commercial)?
    NRIs may buy only residential, industrial or commercial properties. Check with a lawyer or chartered accountant about your specific situation (you may be able to form a trust, partnership or other types of legal entities to purchase land).

Q. What about a normal resident indian (non-agriculturist)? Can he buy any type of land?

In general resident Indian's may buy all kinds of lands--however, each state/province has its own specific rules regarding the eligibility to purchase land. For instance, none other than Kashmiri's may buy land in J&K, ditto for Himachal Pradesh. In Karnataka and Maharashtra, only agriculturalists may buy agricultural land.

Q. Which states allow a normal resident indian (non-agriculturist) to buy agri-land (or any land for that matter)?

TamilNadu is one state that allows normal residents to purchase all types of land without restrictions

8. #8 Land in India 

Dear Mr. Gupta,
    I was going thru your conversation on purchase of land in India. I have one best proposal for you. Please get in touch with me

Thanks and regards,
    Shankar
    Last edited by Ritika; October 23rd, 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Only paid Verified Members are allowed to post contact details. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Verified Member.

9. #9 Agir Land in Tamil Nadu 

Blog Entries
    Dear Mr.Gupta

I have my own land and also others in Tamil Nadu South India. For more information call me. The Rate starts from Rs.20000/Acre to Rs.300000/Acre

shajathali
    Last edited by Ritika; October 23rd, 2007 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Only paid Verified Members are allowed to post contact details. Please click "Upgrade" to become a Verified Member.

Business Member
    yes u can buy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast